Eligibility for the ARIA Music Teacher Award is defined by ARIA and The Song Room to be:
Entries will be accepted from individuals working in music programs in an educational context in Australia. A Music Teacher is defined as:
- Primary and secondary school and tertiary education specialist music teachers
- Primary, secondary, early childhood and kindergarten teachers involved in a Music Program
- Private tuition music teachers
- Teaching Artists working as contractors in education facilities
- A musician working as a volunteer in a Music Program
- Musicians or teachers working in Music Programs within a community context or in a community arts setting.
A ‘Music Program’ is defined as a set of sequential lessons with music learning outcomes. They can take place in individual or group, private or in-school settings.
Eligible Music Programs must have run between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018.
Any Music Teacher who is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident is eligible to be considered for this Award.
The ARIA Board reserves the right to exercise its discretion in regard to any special circumstances relating to eligibility for this Award.
All entries will be reviewed for eligibility. ARIA, in consultation with The Song Room, reserves the right to make the final judgement on eligibility.Previous winners are ineligible to enter.